My sister in law made these for a party this weekend, and they were really good. I make a lot of stuffed jalapenos, so I know my stuffed peppers, and these are extra tasty.
Active prep time: 15-30 minutes, depending how many peppers you make
Cooking time: 2-10 minutes
- Sweet peppers (can use Jalapenos too)
- Cream Cheese
- Olive Oil
- Cut peppers in half lengthwise, de-seed
- Place peppers, opening facing up, on a cookie sheet (you may want to line with foil, for easier cleanup)
- Fill each pepper with a bit of cream cheese. Don’t overfill, or they’ll melt everwhere
- Drizzle a bit of olive oil over all the peppers
- Put tray(s) of peppers in an oven, preheated to broil. Don’t put them too close
- Leave them there for between 2-10 minutes, depending on your broiler, you don’t want them to brown/burn, just want them to soften, and for the cream cheese to melt enough to fill the opening
- Remove from oven, put a “dab” of pesto on each pepper (see photo for a serving suggestion)
- Put them on the appetizer table, and stand back!
- A practical suggestion, put a “garbage” bowl nearby for the stems (or remove the stems, when you cut the peppers). Leaving the stems adds color, and gives a little “handle” for picking them up and shoveling them in your pie hole.
- Another practical suggestion. These are great leftover/cold as well (no more than 24 hours though, or the peppers will be soggy). So, you can make them ahead of time, pack them in a suitable storage container, and take them on a picnic.
via KencookingKencooking http://www.kencooking.com/wp/stuffed-peppers-ala-susan/